Terms and Conditions
The Shaftesbury Theatre is a member of STAR (the Society of Ticket Agents Retailers - www.star.org.uk ) and undertakes to comply with standards set by this industry body.
TICKET SALES AND BOOKINGS PRICES
All ticket prices include VAT at the current rate, further fees may be charged for booking, dispatch and handling of tickets. Prices are subject to change without notice.
CONFIRMATION AND ISSUE OF TICKETS
All ticket bookings are allotted a reference number. On receipt of payment the Theatre will issue your tickets. When booking online there is a confirmation page, with the booking reference, and a follow up confirmation email will be sent. Tickets or ticket vouchers will be dispatched by post for all phone and web bookings up to 10 days prior to the performance. Should you have any queries concerning the dispatch of your tickets, please contact the Box Office. The Theatre accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage which may be caused by late delivery provided that the Theatre can demonstrate the date of postage. Please contact the Box Office immediately if you think that your tickets have been lost in transit.
Tickets booked for performances less than 10 days in advance will be held at the Theatre for collection on the day. Please allow time to collect your tickets as there are often queues - have your booking reference and credit/debit card that you used to book available when collecting tickets.
The Theatre and Producer reserve the right to cancel or abandon any performance. Ticket holders for a cancelled performance will be offered alternative performances (subject to availability) up to the value on the ticket. The Theatre will not be liable to pay compensation or damage other than at its sole discretion.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
Your booking will be for a specific date and performance, the tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged unless the performance is cancelled. The Theatre acts as an agent for the show's Producer and has no control over the production.
In exceptional circumstances you may amend your confirmed booking; this will be at the discretion of the Theatre and each amendment to your booking will incur a small administration charge to cover costs. Requests for booking changes must be made either by phone or by email to email@example.com
Tickets may be returned for resale to the Box Office. This will be subject to resale fee of £5. There will be no guarantee of resale as priority will be given to selling available tickets.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
Every effort is made to ensure that all information provided by the Theatre is accurate. Such information is provided in good faith and the Theatre can not be held responsible should errors occur.
Tickets are sold subject to availability. In certain circumstances tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person.
The Theatre will not be liable for any act or omission by staff not employed by the Theatre and has no control over other ticketing agencies and cannot be held responsible for any mistake or omission of such agents and their employees.
Terms of Admission
Tickets are sold subject to the Theatre's Terms of Admission, detailed below.
- The Theatre/Producer reserves the right to make any alterations to the advertised programme and/or cast member, without being obliged to refund or exchange tickets
- Admission to the Theatre is at your own risk. The Theatre can not be held liable except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from negligence. The House Manager will hold any items handed in or found in the auditorium. Please contact the main stage door number to report a lost item.
- If a ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the Theatre, or one of their authorised agents, it will become void and the holder may be refused entry or ejected.
- Every member of the audience must be in possession of a valid ticket, which must be produced on demand at any time during your visit.
- Latecomers will be admitted to the auditorium only when a suitable break in the performance occurs. The Theatre/Producer reserves the right not to admit latecomers; in such circumstances no refund will be due.
- Complaints about the position of your seat or any other factor affecting your enjoyment of the production, should be made to the Theatre's Duty Manager promptly, either before or during the performance.
- In the interest of other patrons, we would ask that parents ensure that their children behave appropriately. Noisy or disruptive children may be asked to leave the Theatre. Children under three will not be admitted to the Theatre.
- Violent or obnoxious behaviour will not be tolerated, including that caused by excess consumption of alcohol. Such behaviour towards Theatre staff or other audience members that may offend or cause danger will result in the patron being asked to leave. The Theatre reserves the right to take appropriate action to enforce this right; in such circumstances no refund will be due.
- The use of any recording equipment is prohibited. Unauthorised sound or image recording will be confiscated and destroyed.
- Mobile phones, pagers, digital watches or any other electronic device must be disabled when inside the auditorium to avoid disturbing the performance, cast and other patrons.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted in the Theatre; this includes the use of e-cigarettes.
- The consumption of personal food and drink is not permitted in the Theatre.
- For the safety of all patrons, those performing and working at the Theatre security searches may be conducted. Your co operation is appreciated in assisting with these searches.
- At all times you must comply with the Theatre's safety regulations and follow instruction from the Theatre staff as appropriate.
- On some occasions the production and its audience may be subject to filming and sound recording. The Theatre will display notices of such activities. If you do not wish to be filmed please make yourself known to the Theatre's Duty Manager who will endeavour to alter your seating allocation accordingly.
- The Theatre reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those stated on your ticket to no less than equal value.
- The Theatre reserves the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances
All terms and conditions shall be governed by English law
Your comments are always welcomed. Please speak to a member of staff during your visit or send your comments to the Chief Executive at the Shaftesbury Theatre or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org If appropriate, we undertake to respond to your comment within 7 day of receipt of your letter and/or email.
210 Shaftesbury Avenue
|Box Office||020 7379 5399|
|Stage door/Administration||020 7379 3345|
|Fax||020 7836 8181|