Conditions of sale
Tickets are sold subject to availability. In certain circumstances tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person. The Theatre will not be liable for any act or omission by staff not employed by the Theatre and has no control over other ticketing agencies and cannot be held responsible for any mistake or omission of such agents and their employees.
Tickets sold via the Shaftesbury Theatre may be subject to a booking fee and restoration levy per ticket. All tickets sold are inclusive of VAT at the current rate. Ticket prices and fees are subject to change without notice.
Tickets bought online or by phone will be available as e-tickets/Print at Home. Tickets will not be available to collect at the Box Office. This is in order to ease congestion and save you time when arriving at the Theatre.
Vouchers for drinks, food and merchandise are also sold subject to availability. Vouchers purchased online or on the phone will be held Care of Box Office for security purposes. If you require vouchers to be posted please contact the box office via phone or email. Vouchers will be posted at the customer’s own risk and cost.
The Shaftesbury Theatre accepts the following Debit/Credit cards:
TERMS OF ADMISSION
Tickets are sold subject to the Theatre’s Terms of Admission, detailed below.
- The Theatre/Producer reserves the right to make any alterations to the advertised programme and/or cast member, without being obliged to refund or exchange tickets.
- Admission to the Theatre is at your own risk. The Theatre can not be held liable except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from negligence. The House Manager will hold any items handed in or found in the auditorium. Please contact the main stage door number to report a lost item.
- If a ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the Theatre, or one of their authorised agents, it will become void and the holder may be refused entry or ejected.
- Please do not attend the performance if you have tested positive for Covid-19 or have any Covid-19, cold or flu symptoms. If, due to Covid reasons, you are unable to attend the Theatre and booked directly with us, tickets can be exchanged free between 7 days and 24 hours prior to the event. Please contact the Box Office at email@example.com if this applies to you.
- Every member of the audience must be in possession of a valid ticket, which must be produced on demand at any time during your visit.
- Latecomers will be admitted to the auditorium only when a suitable break in the performance occurs and alternative seats may be nominated. The Theatre/Producer reserves the right not to admit latecomers; in such circumstances no refund will be due.
- Complaints about the position of your seat or any other factor affecting your enjoyment of the production should be made to the Theatre’s Duty Manager promptly, either before or during the performance. The Duty Manager will endeavour to assist you however, if you wish to make a complaint after the event, please do so in writing.
- In the interest of other patrons, we would ask that parents ensure that their children behave appropriately. Noisy or disruptive children may be asked to leave the theatre. Children under three will not be admitted to the theatre.
- Violent or obnoxious behaviour will not be tolerated, including that caused by excess consumption of alcohol. Such behaviour towards Theatre staff or other audience members, that may offend or cause danger, will result in the patron/s being asked to leave. The Theatre reserves the right to take appropriate action to enforce this right; in such circumstances no refund will be due.
- Recording of the production is strictly prohibited. The Theatre reserves the right to request that any unauthorised recording or images be deleted before leaving the theatre.
- The use of digital devices, including mobile phones, is prohibited during the performance. Please ensure all devices are disabled before the start of the show.
- Smoking, vaping and the use of e-cigarettes is not permitted in the theatre
- The consumption of personal food and drink is not permitted in the theatre.
- The Theatre reserves the right to conduct security searches; your cooperation is appreciated in assisting with these searches.
- All patrons must comply with the Theatre’s license regulations and follow instruction from the Theatre staff as appropriate.
- The theatre and production is occasionally subject to film and sound recording which may include the audience. The Theatre will display notices of any such activity. If you do not wish to be filmed please make yourself known to the Theatre’s Duty Manager.
- The Theatre reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those stated on your ticket to no less than equal value.
- The Theatre reserves the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances. Failure to comply with the Theatre’s terms of admission may result in the patron/s being asked to leave; in an instance such as this no refund will be due.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
The Theatre makes every effort to provide accurate information. Such information is provided in good faith and the Theatre can not be held responsible should errors occur.
REFUNDS AND EXCHANGES
Your booking will be for a specific date and time. Customers are eligible to exchange their ticket free of charge up to 24 hours prior to the performance. Please contact the Box Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if this applies to you.
The Theatre acts as an agent for the show’s Producer and has no control over the production. Amendments to bookings are at the discretion of the Theatre and each amendment to your booking will incur a small administration charge. Requests for booking changes must be made either by phone or by e-mail to email@example.com. If you did not book your tickets via the Shaftesbury Theatre you must contact the original ticket agent or point of sale.
The Theatre and Producer reserve the right to cancel or abandon any performance. Ticket holders for a cancelled performance will be offered tickets to alternative performances (subject to availability) up to the value on the original ticket. The Theatre will not be liable to pay compensation or damage other than at its sole discretion. If you did not book your tickets via the Shaftesbury Theatre you must contact the original ticket agent or point of sale.
‘SEE IT SAFELY’ AT THE SHAFTESBURY THEATRE
The Shaftesbury Theatre is adhering to the guidelines of the SOLT ‘See It Safely’ campaign. This means that you can exchange your ticket free of charge within 7 days and 24 hours of the booked event if you are feeling ill or need to self-isolate.
For more information on the these guidelines, please visit the ‘See it Safely’ section of our website: http://www.shaftesburytheatre.com/your-visit/safety-measures/
All terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law.
The Shaftesbury Theatre is a member of STAR (the Society of Ticket Agents & Retailers (www.star.org.uk ) and undertakes to comply with standards set by this industry body.
The Shaftesbury Theatre is operated by the Theatre of Comedy Company Ltd. To contact us please use the following details:
Address: Shaftesbury Theatre, 210 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, WC2H 8DP
Telephone:020 7379 3345 (Administration); 020 7379 5399 (Box Office)
Fax: 020 7836 8181 (Administration); 020 7836 0466 (Box Office)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org